Friday, November 8, 2013

Week 6 EOC: There's an app for that

An app that I wish I had would be able to save lives. There are several occasions when I am driving and am tempted to respond to my text messages on my cell phone. Too many people have had the same issue. According to textinganddrivingsafety.com, 23% of auto collisions involved cell phones in 2011. I wish there was an app that would be able to translate my voice into text. Not only would the app be able to turn voice into text, but also respond to specific voice commands. For example, when I am done saying what needs to be sent, the message would be sent out by saying something like "user send". The goal of the app would be to keep minimal physical action from the user and maximum usage through the use of voice. An example of a step by step process would look something like this:

1. User pushes established hot key on phone (Similar to accessing Siri on Iphone)

2. User speaks into microphone, "user messages"

3. User speaks into microphone, "read message from ______"

4. User speaks into microphone, "user response: ______, user send"

No comments:

Post a Comment