Friday, November 1, 2013

EOC Week 5: The process of YouTube project

The assignment that was given to my partner and I was to create and upload a video on YouTube. The goal was to use different marketing strategies in order to attempt to achieve at least 5,000 views on YouTube. My partner and I decided to find videos that were already viral and attempt to imitate them. From extensive research, we found that videos that imitated other videos that are already viral hits usually received a high number of views as well. The challenge that we had to face was that we both had no experience in filming or video editing. On top of that, only one of us owned a working camera. We both decided to choose a genre that would require the least amount of resources and hardware, but still give the desired outcome. After scrounging through several viral videos, one genre suited our needs. The genre was ping pong trick shots. We ended up spending several hours at home perfecting separate trick shot scenes on camera. I did my shots at home and my partner did his shots at home as well. Afterwards, we both separately edited our perfected shots. I decided to be the one to combine both edited videos where I was able to add a title page, ending credits, and music. Once I uploaded it on YouTube, my partner and I began spreading the word. We started by sharing the video by embedding it in all our social medias. Then we asked other friends and family to do the same. Once we contacted as many friends and family we could, we began going to other viral trick shot videos and advertised on their channels. Within 2 weeks, we were able to get over 600 views. Although we did not meet the 5,000 view challenge, I am still proud of what we accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment